There are several diseases that dogs suffer from. Some are curable while others need long-term care. Regardless of the condition, most pet owners usually seek clinical treatment. However, there has been a significant shift over the last few years. More people are now turning to the use of alternative medicine. They seem to be more effective, cheap and produce minimal side effects. Below is an overview of hemp oil for dogs and its benefits.
What Is Hemp Oil For Dogs?
Hemp oil is an extract that comes from hemp plants. Manufacturers normally source it from hemp seeds. Note that hemp plants that are used are normally the industrial type. So, unlike most plants from the cannabis species, it doesn’t have THC content. This means that hemp oil for dogs isn’t psychoactive. It’s rich in nutrients and essential fatty acids.
Is It Same As CBD Oil For Dogs?
Most people usually confuse hemp oil for dogs and CBD oil for dogs. They tend to think that they are the same. The truth is that there is a huge difference between these two products. Each one of them caters to different purposes.
It should be noted that hemp oil usually has a low level of CBD in THC. So, this makes it less effective in treating diseases. However, it has a high amount of nutrients. So, it will provide your dog with the essential fatty acids it needs for healthy growth.
What Are The Benefits Of Hemp Oil For Dogs?
Due to its high nutrient content, CBD hemp oil can greatly improve your dog’s health. It has a wide range of minerals and vitamins that help to nourish the body and reduce instances of illness. Some of the benefits of hemp oil for dogs include:
There are several research studies that indicate hemp oil can help to treat cancer. This is because it contains high amounts of GLA. As a result, it can help to significantly slow down the spread of cancerous cells in the body.
Hemp oil, just like CBD for dogs, can help to treat inflammation. Studies show that it can be a great remedy for inflamed joints. Most pet owners usually buy it to treat arthritis in older dogs that suffer from joint pains.
Nourishes the Dogs Coat
The minerals and vitamins found in hemp oil make it effective in nourishing the dog’s coat. It also promotes its skin by reducing the chances of skin infections. As a result, the appearance of your dogs will change and become more appealing.
Note: although both hemp oil and CBD oil for pets come from the same sources, they are totally different. Hemp oil usually has milder effects. It promotes the functions of organs such as the liver and kidney. However, you need to ensure that any hemp oil product that you give your dog isn’t cooked. This is because cooking it will turn the compound rancid and affect your dog.
Best Hemp Oil for Dogs
Below is the list of the best hemp oil for dogs. You will get a brief review, benefits and the shortcomings (if any) for this best CBD products.
HealthworxCBD does care about your pet! Everyone does care about the contents that make up the CBD for pets. It’s the reason why the health work pet CBD ensures that all the essential ingredients are available. Healthworxcbd also prioritizes the safety of your pet.
- It has a 40 milligrams of CBD in every 1 milliliter of the MCT coconut oil.
- The healthworx CBD has 60 servings per bottle
- It’s hemp-extracted CBD
- Has zero detectable levels of THC
- The healthworxcbd for pets are fast-acting
- It efficiently promotes the health and wellness of your pet
- Made with great ingredients such as cannabinoids, anti-oxidants, and neuroprotectants.
- Healthworxcbd assures the safety of your pet
Healthworxcbd for pets sells at a competitive price, something that most consumers feel it’s a bit exploitative.
Green roads CBD for dogs is the best products that will take care of your furry friends! It’s part of the reasons why they will always give you the best premium selection of CBD oil. We admire the blends of the hemp-derived cannabinoid extracts and the MCT oil. They deliver a high bioavailability, ensuring that your pet gets the benefits of the CBD efficiently.
- Pet CBD oils come in a range of strengths
- The pet CBD oil has different shapes and sizes
- It’s derived from quality hemp that naturally grows in the plains of Colorado
- The third-party laboratories have tested them.
- They are fast-acting
- Does not contain any traces of a psychoactive THC
- The third-party lab testing results are accessible for all to see
- They treat cases such as anxiety, pain, and inflammation
CBD may not be best for all pets. It’s important to always consult a vet before deciding to use it.
One of the excellent brands that always delivers the best CBD products for pets is the Nuleaf Naturals. All the specifications on their website are very appealing. You can depend on the Neleaf naturals to deliver the best quality CBD for pets that won’t interfere with health! It only provides the best results bringing back the beauty of life to your pet.
- The hemp CBD for dogs is a hemp-derived product that from the select farms of Colorado.
- It naturally grows without stimulation or control using the herbicides, pesticides, or any chemical.
- It does not contain any additives or preservatives.
- All the third-party lab results are available.
- They are pure hence won’t affect your dog’s health
- It’s a whole plant extract that contains a full spectrum of synergistic cannabinoids
- Green roads deliver their products in a pure and simple way
They will be effective when stored in a cool dark place! It implies that it can quickly go bad in summer seasons.
Among the best brands that you can get the best CBD oil for dogs is the Try CBD Company! It’s a specific industry that will deliver the best products or both humans and their furry friends. Let’s take a look at the fantastic features that make up the Try CBD products!
- It has no traces of heavy metals and pesticides
- The product is excellent for dogs, cats, birds and horses
- A bottle will be sufficient for two months use
- Heals issues such as anxiety and nervous behavior
- It calms down the dogs and cats situations
- All the third-party lab testing results are accessible
- It’s a product derived from hemp oil seeds
- It’s gluten-free and also no GMO
From the reviews, the try CBD hemp oil for dogs is a bit expensive.
Charlotte’s web is another top brand that always has the best benefits when you use to treat the situation of your pet. The products are crafted with care. The CBD oil is a derivative of a fantastic hemp CBD derived from a full spectrum extracts of a plant.
- All the third-party lab testing results are available
- It’s a whole spectrum CBD oil for pets
It available in four flavors namely mint chocolate, and olive oil and orange blossom
- and lemon twist
- Receives the best consumer reviews
- Charlotte’s web offers the best customer services.
No issues have been reported yet. It’s an effective dog treat that you should consider.
Is Hemp Oil For Dogs Safe?
Hemp oils for dogs are generally safe. This is because it’s normally free of harmful compounds that may interact negatively with the body. However, this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have possible side effects. Research trials indicate that it can result in downsides such as:
- Increased appetite
- Dry mouth
Note: in case you witness any of the above side effects, then discontinue use immediately. Furthermore, make sure that you schedule an appointment with your vet as soon as possible.
How Do You Administer Hemp Oil To Your Dog?
You can find hemp oil for dogs in a variety of forms. So, you need to do your research and find a product that is suitable for your dog. To administer the product to your dog, here are some of the methods that you can choose from:
- Topicals: They include creams and lotions. Topicals are usually great for dogs that suffer from skin conditions such as allergies and rashes. Besides that, hemp oil topical creams are effective in treating muscle issues such as arthritis.
- Treats: CBD hemp oil treats are very popular. They are usually very popular because they are easy to administer. These products usually come in multiple flavors and concentrations to suit different needs.
- Tinctures: You need to place a few drops of hemp oil under your pet’s tongue. Note that this is another highly effective method since hemp oil tinctures are usually considered to have the purest form of CBD oil.
- Capsules: You can give your dog hemp oil capsules, just would do when administering any other medication. Sometimes you can even add the capsules in your dog’s favorite food.
Does Hemp Oil Dogs Cause A High?
No. hemp oil doesn’t have THC, just like CBD oil for dogs. It’s nonpsychoactive hence it doesn’t alter the way the mind functions. It should be noted that THC is the compound that’s responsible for the high feeling. Its characteristic is found in the marijuana plant. Avoid giving your dog products that contain THC since it’s a toxic compound.
How Much Hemp Oil Should You Give Your Dog?
So, how much do you need to give your dog? Well, one of the factors that you can use to determine the dosage is the weight. Since there is no universal dosage recommendation, below are doses that experts recommend.
- 10 lbs. = 1ml
- 20 lbs.= 1.5ml
- 30 lbs.= 2ml
- 40 lbs.= 2ml
- 50 lbs.= 3ml
- 60 lbs.= 3.5ml
- 70 lbs.= 4ml
- 80 lbs.= 4.5ml
- 90+ lbs.= 5ml
Is Hemp Oil Dogs Legal?
The legality of CBD hemp oil for dogs is something that concerns a lot of people. The truth is that this product is legal at the federal level. But this law is only effective if the hemp oil contains less than 0.3% THC. This is because THC is psychoactive hence it’s considered as a Schedule I drug. With the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD became legal in all the 50 American states. So, you don’t need a prescription to buy it. However, make sure that you understand your state’s law, regarding the use of products from the cannabis plant.
Although hemp oil doesn’t have similar medical properties like CBD, it’s a great product. It’s rich in nutrients including vitamins and minerals. As a result, it helps to nourish the skin and promote organ function. In addition to that, hemp oil can also help to relieve joint inflammation. However, you need to be careful when administering it to your dog. First, make sure that you consult with your vet. Additionally, make sure that you use the recommended dosage to avoid unwanted side effects.