Overview of Top-Rated Kitchen Essentials
Preparing good meals requires that you equip your kitchen with all the basic equipment. Whether it is just making tea or baking turkey, you need to have the right tools. You don’t need to fill your kitchen with numerous gadgets but these tools are necessary and will help you to prepare delicious meals. This article gives an overview of various kitchen appliances which you need to bake, blend, chop, slice, cook, or sauté your food.
What are Kitchen Essentials?
These are kitchen equipment which are used to prepare ingredients, hold food, cook, and bake food. They are basic things which every kitchen needs to have and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some of the kitchen essentials are used before, during, or after cooking/baking.
Top-Rated Kitchen Essentials
Stocking up your kitchen cookware isn’t easy. There are numerous brands which for years have been manufacturing high-quality products that are used in the kitchen. Kitchen appliances are available in a wide variety. Some of the top-rated home and kitchen essentials currently include:
- Preparation tools & essentials: they include tools such as measuring cups, cutting board, knife, mixing bowls, grater, measuring spoons, juicers, spinners, peelers, and others.
- Bakeware and Cookware: include kitchen equipment such as sauté pan, saucepan, skillet, large pot, baking pan, grill pan among others.
- Kitchen Utensils and Cooking tools: they include things such as tongs, trivet, spatula, ladle, thermometer, stirring spoon, oven mitts etc.
- Appliances such as blenders, kitchen scale, and immersion blender.
Preparation Tools & Essentials
Preparing meals involves the use of various ingredients. Preparation kitchen tools are used to hold, chop, mix, or blend the ingredients. Some of the best types of preparation tools which your kitchen should have include:
Victorinox Chef’s Knife
This knife isn’t only used by professionals but also by home chefs. It has been crafted by experts and its tapered stainless steel offers so much ease in addition to efficiency. The Chef’s knife can be used to chop or slice every type of food.
- Sharp stainless steel blade
- Ergonomic handle that allows for smooth handling
- It’s fit for all types of tasks.
Epicurean Cutting Board
This is a natural type of cutting board that’s made of wood fiber. The epicurean cutting board is a dishwater-safe kitchen essential that can be cleaned with just water and soap. Its color usually deepens with use, making it more attractive.
- A maintenance-free tool
- Can resist temperatures up to 350 degrees-Fahrenheit
- Can fit in compact spaces
Cuisinart Measuring Cups
They come in a set of 4. Cuisinart’s measuring cups are made of stainless steel hence they are durable and easy to clean. The dishwasher safe measuring cups are sold in multiple sizes to cater to different user needs.
- Dishwasher safe
- Versatile preparation tools which have durable designs
- They are perfect for cake baking.
Bakeware and Cookware
These are containers which are used to prepare foods. Cookware are intended to be used with cooktops and stoves. Bakeware, on the other hand, are supposed to be used with ovens. Note that some kitchen tools can be used as both bakeware and cookware. Some of the top-rated cookware & bakeware include:
HIC’s Oblong Baking Dish
It’s a versatile and durable baking pan that can be used to prepare cakes, quiche, casseroles, and lasagna. The rectangular-shaped pan that’s made of porcelain can also be used to roast vegetables. This bakeware can easily transition from oven to your kitchen counter and then to the kitchen sink.
- It’s an efficient bakeware that has great depth and firm handles which provide a comfortable grip.
- It is safe for use with ovens as well as freezers, broilers, and microwaves.
- Can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees-Fahrenheit hence it can be used to reheat and store food leftovers.
This skillet is considered a kitchen staple. It’s a versatile stainless-steel pan which has flared sides and flat bottom all which make food tossing and turning an effortless activity. It can be used to cook or fry foods at much higher temperatures thanks to the thick aluminum gauge.
- Has a flat base for easy turning of food
- Stainless steel construction for durability
- Well-polished for even distribution of heat and easier maintenance.
- Can withstand up to 600 degrees-Fahrenheit of heat
Cuisinart Multi–Clad Cooking Pot
This is a snug and durable cooking pot that’s made of stainless steel. The dishwasher safe cookware is designed with tapered rims which help to eliminate food spills and drips during pouring. The lightweight cooking tool is mostly used with cooktops and stoves.
- The 6-quart size can be used to prepare large amounts of meals.
- Tapered rims for a drip-free liquid pouring
- Broiler and oven-safe and can withstand up to 550 degree-Fahrenheit of heat
Cooking Tools & Kitchen Utensils
They are equipment which are supposed to make the whole cooking or baking process easier. They are used while the food is on the source of heat and sometimes during serving. Top-rated kitchen utensils and cooking tools include:
Tovolo’s Slotted Food Turner
It is a stain and scratch resistant spatula which has elongated slots that are used to minimize condensation. It has tapered edges which facilitate easier turning and sliding of food. The heat-resistant spatula is dishwasher-safe and BPA-free.
- It’s a scratch resistant tool with tapered edges
- Can withstand up to 600 degree-Fahrenheit of heat
- It has a silicone head that’s durable
Tovolo’s Silicone Ladle
This ladle by Tovolo is made with unique innovative design which makes it easier for you to hold and move your favorite sauces and soups. The dishwasher safe kitchen tool can resist up to 600 degrees-Fahrenheit of heat.
- It’s a beautiful, silicon-based ladle
- Heat resistant tool which can withstand up to 600 degrees-Fahrenheit of heat
- Dishwasher – and food-safe.
Lavatools Javelin Meat Thermometer
It is described as an instant-read meat thermometer that can be used with all types of foods but it provides an instant reading for meat, candy, baked foods, and liquids. The versatile thermometer has a silver-ion as well as an anti-microbial coating that helps to reduce chances of bacterial growth.
- Almost instant response time for all types of cooking temperatures
- Can be configured into degrees- Fahrenheit or degrees –Celsius.
- Durable construction and large readings
Kitchen appliances make food preparation easier. They can be mechanical or electrical depending on the manufacturer and also the type of usage. Kitchen appliances come in a variety of sizes but the small ones usually offer diversity when it comes to meal preparation. Some of the top-rated kitchen appliances which are must-have include:
KitchenAid Countertop Oven
It’s a 12-inch and 800-watt stainless steel oven that’s efficient for baking. This countertop oven has numerous cooking settings which also includes the Asado roast. It’s designed using a technology that facilitates even distribution of heat resulting in delicious food results.
- 9 preset functions for versatility in baking
- A timer which can be set to remind you if the food is ready
- An adequate amount of space. This oven measures 12 inches and you can use it to corn two Cornish hens or 12-inch pizzas.
It’s a compact sized microwave that can be used to reheat various types of foods. This Toshiba microwave has programmed functions for efficiency in conjunction with a one-touch start button. The 900-watt microwave is made of stainless steel and its ideal for big and smaller kitchens.
- Has 6 preset functions for veggies, potato, beverage, popcorn, pizza, and dinner plate.
- Has the sound on or off option, a power saving mode as well as a child lock feature.
- Its interior contains LED light
- Contains ten power settings and the kitchen timer.
Vanaheim’s Professional Blender
This is a premium type of blender that’s designed with versatility in mind. The self-cleaning device functions by using the cyclonic action. It has sharp, stainless steel blades which rotate at very high speeds. This appliance cannot only be used to blend but also puree and crush ice.
- 9 preprogrammed settings for personalization and speed control
- Can be used to create vegetable smoothies, fruit juices, smooth soups, dressings, and nut butter among others.
- Has a multi-speed feature which makes it suitable to crush ice
- Self-cleaning gadget
Other Kitchen Essentials
The above-mentioned tools/gadgets are some of the essentials that are considered must-haves in the kitchen. However, they are other kitchen essentials which are good if you have. They can be used for cleaning, storage purposes, collect waste, hold utensils, and food etc. They include:
- Food Storage Containers: they are used to store cooked meals or ingredients.
- Aluminum foil: used for steaming, cleaning, cooking, scrubbing etc.
- Dish rack: used to hold dishes after washing
- Trash bin: used to collect wastes and food leftovers
An efficient kitchen needs to have all the essential equipment and tools for effective meal preparation. Although purchasing high-quality cookware can be very expensive, you are guaranteed of effectiveness and durability. Always go for premium and multi-purpose appliances because they offer value for money.